In Centre Volunteering
DUE TO EXTENSIVE BUILDING WORK AT THE CENTRE FROM JULY 2018 WE REGRET THAT WE WILL NOT BE RECRUITING FOR IN CENTRE VOLUNTEERS AT THIS TIME. WE WILL UPDATE THIS PAGE WHEN THE WORK IS COMPLETE AND WE ARE IN THE POSITION TO RECRUIT ONCE MORE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
WE ARE STILL RECRUITING FOR FOSTERERS, FUNDRAISERS AND FOLLOW UP VISITORS
Cat Carer - No vacancies at present
- IF YOU LOVE CATS AND DON'T MIND CLEANING COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM AND FINISH WITH A CUPPA AND MEET THE CATS =^..^=
- Can you commit to a regular day each week 8.30am until 10.30am.
- Training will be given with an Induction and and buddy as support.
- Be part of our team to help home the cats.
- Removing cat bed and all equipment from the pen prior to cleaning.
- Spot clean the pen as shown on induction.
- Ensuring cat bedding and equipment checked before replacing in pen e.g. remove fluff and check bedding is not wet or soiled.
- Refilling water bowls and replacing water and food bowls in appropriate places in pen.
- Checking that cats appear well, are eating and drinking and whether or nor the litter tray has been used. Fill in chart if one is provided.
- If any cat appears unwell of you are concerned in any way this should be reported to the manager or deputy.
- Have fun socialising cats/kittens after cleaning.
We are looking for people would like to help by volunteering at events (Jumble sales, Fetes/PR stands) By raising Cats Protection's profile accross the Island we can help and home more cats.
Or why not hold your own event - Craft Fair, Quiz Night, Pamper Evening or Tea Party or think something new to help raise funds.
+ Green Fingers
How you can make a difference:
Using your skills and passion for ‘all things green’ will help make our Adoption Centres welcoming, not only to the general public but also to wildlife, greatly enriching the lives of our cats whilst in care. Looking out onto gardens, plants and pots our cats can spend their days watching bees, birds, butterflies and other insects while they wait for their forever home.
+- DIY Volunteers
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Do you love cats and a bit of DIY and driving? Then spare a couple of hours a week helping around the centre and/or transporting cats. We'd be pleased to hear from you.
What the role involves:
- Basic DIY including painting, etc
- Minor fixes of buildings and cat pens
- Basic maintenance of our van/s (e.g. water and oil levels)
No Vacancies Cat Socialiser
What you can gain from volunteering with Cats Protection:
- The opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens on the island.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- The opportunity to meet new people and work as part of a dedicated team.
- To gain experience working as a important member of the team in the UK's leading feline welfare charity.
We ask that you make contact with us frequently if you are interested in a voluntary position but there are no vacancies at the time as the avalibility often changes.