In Centre Volunteering
Social Media/Website Editor - Vacancy
Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with a range of people
Skills/experience expected/to be developed:
Good IT skills,
Knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of using social media
Editorial and photo editing skills would be an advantage
The role involves liaising with the team at the centre to source material about rehoming, fundraising, recruitment and publicity to make regular posts on social networking sites.
Cat Carer - No vacancies at present
- IF YOU LOVE CATS AND DON'T MIND CLEANING COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM AND FINISH WITH A CUPPA AND MEET THE CATS =^..^=
- Can you commit to a regular day each week 8.30am until 10.30am.
- Training will be given with an Induction and and buddy as support.
- Be part of our team to help home the cats.
- Removing cat bed and all equipment from the pen prior to cleaning.
- Spot clean the pen as shown on induction.
- Ensuring cat bedding and equipment checked before replacing in pen e.g. remove fluff and check bedding is not wet or soiled.
- Refilling water bowls and replacing water and food bowls in appropriate places in pen.
- Checking that cats appear well, are eating and drinking and whether or nor the litter tray has been used. Fill in chart if one is provided.
- If any cat appears unwell of you are concerned in any way this should be reported to the manager or deputy.
- Have fun socialising cats/kittens after cleaning.
Receptionist Vacancies (Holiday/Sickness Cover)
With your help we can home more cats in care.
Main Responsibilities of the role:
A friendly face for our visitors and to help find forever homes for the cats and kittens in our care. To be the first point of contact for the general public, volunteers and Cats Protection personnel. You will provide information to the general public through face to face communication, telephone and E-mail.
You will also provide administrative support for reception.
Previous customer service skills essential to cope with our busy reception.
Good Organisational Skills.
Good listening and communication skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with emotionally charged situations.
Sound IT skills.
To receive members of the public and visitors to the centre in a polite, welcoming and professional manner.
To manage a high volume of enquiries to agreed standards in accordance with Cats Protection Policies.
To calculate information on enquiries received and maintain detailed accurate records
To file data, and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned by the Adoption Centre Manager or Deputy Manager, including Gift Aid, Petplan Insurance and other paperwork relating to admission or rehoming of cats.
To order and manage stock levels of relevant office supplies.
To actively promote the importance of donations, fundraising and other income to the general public.
To be aware of and work within The Data Protection Act.
To adhere to any Health and Safety legislation applicable to the duties carried out.
+ Fundraising Events
We are looking for enthusiastic people to hold an event eg Craft Fair, Quiz Night, Pamper Evening or think of something new and original to help raise funds for the homeless cats at the Isle of Wight Adoption Centre
+- Green Fingers
How you can make a difference:
Using your skills and passion for ‘all things green’ will help make our Adoption Centres welcoming, not only to the general public but also to wildlife, greatly enriching the lives of our cats whilst in care. Looking out onto gardens, plants and pots our cats can spend their days watching bees, birds, butterflies and other insects while they wait for their forever home.
+- DIY Volunteers
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Do you love cats and a bit of DIY and driving? Then spare a couple of hours a week helping around the centre and/or transporting cats. We'd be pleased to hear from you.
What the role involves:
- Basic DIY including painting, etc
- Minor fixes of buildings and cat pens
- Basic maintenance of our van/s (e.g. water and oil levels)
No Vacancies Cat Socialiser
What you can gain from volunteering with Cats Protection:
- The opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens on the island.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- The opportunity to meet new people and work as part of a dedicated team.
- To gain experience working as a important member of the team in the UK's leading feline welfare charity.
We ask that you make contact with us frequently if you are interested in a volountry position but there are no vacancies at the time as the avalibility often changes.